Let's Get Started:
How to decorate the cake:
To prepare: Crumb coat and cover all three tiers with Satin Ice fondant.
- Draw or copy the heart shape to a sheet of waxed paper, transfer the drawing to the 10 inch cake using the flower/leaf-shaper tool, and mark the outline of the drawing. This will create a small impression in the fondant underneath.
- Remove the wax-paper and then prepare the paints. Dilute each gel color, mixing a few drops of gel color with clear alcohol, dip your paintbrush into the teal color and paint randomly on your cake.
- Repeat the same process with other diluted colors.
- Continue adding drops of watercolor in different shades until the heart is completely saturated.
- Roll out your gumpaste with a smaller rolling pin to a medium thickness (1/8 inch), put in your silicone mold and gently press the rolling pin into to your mold to mark the pattern. Let them gumpaste dry and then, to the same 10 inch tier, add small pieces randomly all over your cake. (make sure to avoid the painted heart).
- Mix a few drops of burgundy color and pearl white dust with clear alcohol and paint the pattern randomly.
- Mix pearl white dust with clear alcohol and with a fan brush paint the cake all over, except the heart.