Let's Get Started:
- Two days before baking the cake - make the handle of the teapot and the spout using gum paste. Insert a couple of toothpicks on the part that will be attached to the teapot. Be sure to make extra for breakage.
- Bake the cake in a ball cake pan and when done take out and let cool flat side down. Once cooled, cut the rounded tops - with one cut bigger than the other and keep the trimmings. Cutting the ends will help the cake from rolling over.
- Place the cake with the bigger cut on the board - fill with buttercream and place the other half on top.
- Frost the whole exterior with buttercream and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled cover the cake with white fondant.
- Make a long string of light pink fondant and place around the bottom as a border.
- To make the lid of the teapot - Cut a 4" round circle of light pink fondant. Take the extra cake trimmings and place one on top of the other sticking them together with buttercream. Place this on top of the disc.
Happy Mother's Day!