Let's Get Started:
- Roll a very small of gum paste (about 1mm) into a ball. Dip the very tip of a piece of floral wire into the sugar glue, making sure to wipe off any excess. You just need a minimal amount for the paste to stick to the wire.
- Attach the gum paste ball onto the floral wire and roll the gum paste between your fingers to elongate and thin it. While the stamen need to be similar in size, length, etc, don’t stress too much about any variations or differences from stamen to stamen. Remember, flowers are perfectly imperfect and the imperfections make them more realistic.
- Using a modeling tool, make a thin line down the center. Keeping the line along the top, using your pliers, bend the stamen forward slightly just under the gum paste.
- Place stamen in a foam and let dry completely.
- Using a golden yellow petal dust, dust the stamen. Don’t worry if you miss areas. The color variations give it more realism.