Let's Get Started:
- Start with the red gum paste and form two oblong spheres to represent the legs. On one side indent marks with your finger that correspond to the ankle and knee.
- Start to model the foot - once finished place in the position (shown above) to let dry.
- For the torso you will need black colored gum paste to form to resemble the image above. Use a wooden skewer, (which has been soaked in water), and stick it through the entire piece and place on your base (cake).
- Take skin colored gum paste to form the neck of the witch in one piece. Set aside to let dry.
- With flesh colored fondant form a sphere to form the face/head of the witch.
- Use your finger to press and form the two eye sockets. Form the nose, mouth and eyebrows with a scribe tool.
- Use the scribe tool to indent the outline of the two eyes. Using a very fine paintbrush and fill in with gel color the pupils, irises and eyebrows on both eyes.
- Using edible liquid red dye and a fine paintbrush - paint the lips. With the rainbow dust and a fine paintbrush add some color to the cheeks and fill in the eyebrow line.
- Place the finished head on top of the torso.
- With brown fondant form the hair of the witch and place it in position.
To complete this sassy witch figurine for Halloween - go to the complete tutorial here.