- You will need to use ivory colored gum paste and start by making a small sausage - thinner at the neck level.
- Dust the torso mold with cornstarch – then place the gum paste on the torso mold and with your finger press in the head section to make sure we get all the face features.
- Insert a skewer through the body.
- Bend the body to give it a natural position – and let it dry over night. Note: when making figures it should have natural movement. Use pictures of porcelain dolls for positioning help of the arms. Slightly bend the torso while the gum paste is still soft. Add a toothpick at the arm level - this will help to support the arms.
- Make a small ball out of the ivory gum paste.
- Give shape to the arm (make 2 - 2 ½ inches long for each), at the end give shape to the wrist, the palm of the hand (with a ball tool) and flatten with your thumbs. Use an exacto knife to cut out the fingers.
- Use light brown colored gum paste and insert into a clay gun using the hair disc.
- Press until you get the hair thin.
- With the hair still pliable - wrap around a toothpick - make enough to cover the head.
- With a liner brush paint the eyes with white food coloring – allow time to dry before moving on.
- With light blue food coloring paint a small circle.
- With light brown food coloring - paint the iris – and let dry.
- All food color should be mixed with clear alcohol.
- With an 18/0 liner brush, paint the eyelashes and eyebrows. You will need to use light brown food mixed with white coloring.
- Add the sparkle to the eye with a dot of white food color using a toothpick.
- With a small flat paintbrush - paint the cheeks with flesh tone or pale pink petal dust.
- Make the pleats and attach the to the cone.
- Roll out a thin layer of gum paste and with a square cutter, cut a v shape in the middle.
- Moisten the lower part of the torso with water and attach the corset to the torso.
- Attach the torso – with the attached dress and secure it with royal icing.
- Attach the arms and let it dry.
- Paint the dress – using a fan paintbrush and a mixture of Everclear (clear alcohol), luster dust and the petal dust color of your choice.
- Add the crown on top the princesses' head to complete.