Let's Get Started:
- This design will use three cookies cut out with your pineapple cutter. Before baking you want to turn over one of the cookies so you will end up decorating the back. Cut one of the cookies in half and separate. Bake and cool.
- Roll out your yellow fondant about 2mm thick and cut out a pineapple shape using the same cookie cutter you used to cut out your sugar cookies.
- Cut off the crown/leaves and paint a little bit of water onto the back of your fondant.
- Use your ruler to create detail.
- Repeat this process with your green fondant, cutting off the leaves and attaching to the top of the cookie.
- Add details to the leaves.
- Decorate two full cookies (front & back) and your two half pieces.
Building the 3D Pineapple Cookie:
- Add royal icing to the back of cookie, gluing the front and back cookies together. Hold to dry.
- Add royal icing to the two side pieces, gluing them to the middle of both front and back pieces.