Let's Get Started:
Let's get started:
- Start with a big red ball of gum paste and roll to form an egg.
- Press with thumb and index finger to start to shape the legs.
- To form legs take a ball of red gum paste and start to shape into a small sausage.
- Cut in half and make indentation with finger.
- To shape Santa's boots - take a ball of black gum paste and shape into a small sausage. Use the tool as seen above to form. Cut and form a "v"- use the table to help shape.
- Now stick the boots onto the legs as seen above.
- To make the hands we take skin colored gum paste and repeat the boot process. But this time, press slightly before cutting into two equal parts.
- Follow pictures above to cut out the fingers on each hand.
- To form the arms, use the same technique as used to form the legs - but use the tool as seen above to create the spot for the hands to be attached to.
- Take a small ball of red gum paste and star to roll into a sausage to form Santa's cap.