Let's Get Started:
Making the white petals:
- Using white gum paste - make a ball and stretch into an elongated form.
- With your fingers flatten the shape and insert a 28 gauge wire.
- Using the cell pin, roll the petal to make it wider.
- Put the petal into a double sided universal petal veiner and press the petal into the impression.
- Place the petal aside in to dry.
- Repeat to make 5 white petals.
Making the soft violet petals:
- Repeat the steps above to make white petals here to make 5 soft violet petals.
Making the passion flower center:
- With a small amount of kiwi green gum paste - make the pistol.
- Cover the end of a 28 white gauge wire - around 1 cm.
- Make a ball at the end with the gum paste on the wire - and draw a line in the middle of it with the cell pin's sharp end.
- Repeat 3 times for 3 pieces.
- Make 5 little balls and prepare 5 pieces of 28 white gauge wire.
- Using 1 of the 5 balls - make an elongated shape.
- Insert a piece of 28 white gauge wire and flatten with your fingers.
- Pinch a bit of gum paste and make a smaller elongated shape then insert it at the end of our stamen - as you see above. This is where the pollen goes.
- Using the the end of the cell pin make little dots on the lateral edge of the stamen.
- Tape together the 3 pistols and twist the floral tape to cover the entire stem.
- Make a small ball.
- Insert the ball in the stem and add then 3 pistols.
- Bend the stamens a bit (right under the paste) and start assembling them under the little ball.
- Twist floral tape around and secure - and be sure to cover the entire stem.
- Repeat with the other 4 stamens.
- Make a ball the size of a chick pea out of the violet gum paste - and give it a cone shape.
- Insert the center cone thru the center of the stem up under the stamen.
- Use the cell pin tool and with the sharp end draw lines all around the cone.
- Prepare 15 pieces of 33 white gauge wire. Cut the wire in 5 pieces each.
- Use a piece of white gum paste and cover half of the little pice of wire. Repeat with all the pieces.
- Tape all the white stamens around the center - under the violet cone.
- Do not assemble more than 3 stamens at a time - and be sure to create a perfect circle.
- Twist the tape and cover the entire stem.
- Add a few drops of alcohol to the petal dust.
- With a paintbrush paint the white stamens, making circles all around the center (like in the image above)
- Make sure to finish by painting the ends of the stamen.
Painting the petals:
- On a white paper towel put a bit of petal dust down.
- Prepare the 5 violet petals by adding the petal dust to both sides of all 5. Make note: Paint the petals using one way strokes. Start from the base and paint up.
- Paint the white petals by using the kiwi petal dust.
Assembling the Flower:
- Assemble the 5 violet petals around the center forming a star.
- Tape one petal at a time and secure.
- Assemble the white petals.
- Tape one petal at a time in between and on the back of the violet petals.
- Assemble all and secure by twisting the floral tape and covering the entire stem with it.
Making the bud:
- Grab a styrofoam cone, piece of 18 white gauge wire and a small ball of kiwi colored green gum paste.
- Insert the wire into the styrofoam cone and secure with a bit of gum paste.
- Roll out a piece of gum paste big enough to cover the bud.
- Using a dab of water cover the bud with the green gum paste.
- Secure it under the bud and twirl it to stay in place. Let dry.
- Make a ball and shape it into a teardrop.
- Flatten the tear drop and then roll out.
- Repeat 4 times to make 4 leaves.
- Stick the 4 leaves on the bud using a dab of water. Let dry.
Making the leaves:
- Make a tear drop, flatten and then pinch both sides to make 3 points.
- Insert a piece of 28 white gauge wire.
- Roll to make wider.
- Set aside to dry.
- Repeat 3 times but with different size starting tear drops (this way we have different size leaves).
- Take a ball and give it an elongated shape.
- Flatten with fingers and insert a 28 gauge wire.
- Roll out to make it larger and wider. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Once dry - use kiwi green and paint the leaves.
- Prepare green floral tape and put together the 3 elongated leaves underneath one another.
- Tape well and secure by swirling around the stem.
- Open the leaves carefully - first the right and then the left.
Assembling the flower branch:
- Cover a 18 white gauge wire with green floral tape.
- Once covered attach the leaves on the stem.
- Assemble another leaf and then attach the bud to it.
- Once the bud is attached to the main stem - twist the floral tape to secure and cover the bud stem.
- Attach the flower in front of the bud.