Be sure to refer to the exclusive Satin Ice Valentine Color Mix Collection to help you mix your fondant to create the perfect shades of pink or even red. . .
To make the Ombre Hearts:
- Staring with a ping-pong ball sized piece of white fondant - color it to the darkest shade of pink that you'd like to use.
- Roll out fondant to about 1/4" - 1/8" thick and cut out about 22-25 mini hearts.
- Using a bit of water, gum glue or sticking straight on the cake - carefully align hearts vertically in an ombre effect.
- Note: The key to this design is to keep it clean and straight.
- Tip: Try lining up points and dips of the hearts to create the vertical lines.
For the Heart Topper:
1. For the cake topper, rolled out desired shade of pink to about 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
2. Using a cookie cutter or template, cut out a medium heart.
3. Dip bamboo skewer in water or gum glue, and carefully insert into the base of the heart. Gently wiggle the skewer up, making sure not to wrinkle the front surface of the heart.
4. Roll out a strip of white fondant for the banner. Trim edges to make sure they are straight.
5. With a very fine paint brush, paint on message with gel food color.
6. Trim edges after the message is complete to make sure it is centered.
7. Adhere to the heart and let dry 4 hours or overnight.
8. Once dry, trim skewer with a wire cutter or serrated knife before inserting into the cake.