To create the Rorschach painting:
- Put on your food safe gloves and in a small clean bowl, mix 1 tsp. of gel color with 1 tsp. of lemon extract.
- Lay the food storage bag flat on a clean, smooth surface and fold the bag in half lengthways to create a defined fold line. Lay the bag flat against the surface again.
- Blob small amounts of the black food color on one half of the food storage bag in a random pattern using the paintbrush. Artist Tip: Be fairly liberal but make sure to leave areas of white spaces (with no food color). Also Rebekah finds that if you taper the design at the top and bottom - it creates a more aesthetically pleasing design.
- Once happy with the design - carefully fold the bag over onto itself and press down gently all over. Peel back the bag and allow it to rest flat again.
- Take a clean piece of wafer paper and lay flat (shiny side down) against the bag and press the paper into the food color to imprint your pattern. Gently lift the paper away and leave to dry.