Let's Get Started:
- Break off a gumball sized piece of well kneaded fondant. Roll Into a Ball.
- Flatten ball evenly into an oval shape between fingers or with rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thickness
- Pinching one end of the oval begin rolling.
- Keep top edge of oval even then gradually begin to taper the rolled fondant down so that the edge ruffles end above where you first began rolling.
- When you reach the end of the oval, begin to pinch the bottom of the rosette between your index finger and thumb so that it comes to a point and the excess fondant on bottom falls off.
- Place mini-rose in egg carton to dry firmly before applying to cake. (about ½ hour to 1 hour is plenty).
- Attach to cake. (and marvel at how easy that was!)