Let's Get Started:
- Begin with a two-tier cake covered with Satin Ice fondant. Measure the circumference of each tier.
- Roll out bright colored Satin Ice gum paste using a plastic rolling pin.
- Using a textured rolling pin and even pressure, carefully roll out a raised design.
- Cut strips to desired width.
- Apply bands to cake using water to moisten. Play with colors, textures and angles to achieve the effect of festive streamers
- To make curly-cues, cut bright strips of colored paste in varying widths and lengths. Wrap around any round objects, such as: pencils, drinking straws, wooden spoon handles or paintbrushes.
- Tip: Allow to dry a few minutes before removing strips and arranging them in half moon shapes. Let dry completely for a few hours.