- Color 350 g sugar paste orange, 350 g light green.
- Color 200 g gray, 200 g black, 200 g brown and 100 g lime green.
- Color 50 g reinforced with tylose white, blue, red, dark green, pink and yellow.
Setting up the cake drum:
- Roll out light green and gray fondant. Cut a strip 10 cm wide from the middle of the gray and press it on the cobblestone embossed mat.
- Cut a 10 cm wide gray strip and place it on the bald spot.
- Squeeze the lime green fondant through the garlic press (to make grass), and apply it to the seams. Let dry.
- Use a drop of red fondant and cut crosswise into quarters into a point. Stick them on top of the dark green leaf, along with a few mini blossoms in the grass strip along the drum. Create groups of three small orange flowers in the lawn. Edge the cake drum with a ribbon.
- Use lime green fondant, reinforced with tylose. Cut floral wire into pieces of 6 cm and roll out the fondant very thin - fold it over double with a slightly damp piece of wire between them.
- Press the fondant into the Daisy leave cutter firmly - leaves out. Make 10 leaves and let dry on the insulating mat.
- Tighten the wires; add the well-dried leaves. Bend the leaves slightly apart and insert the wires. Let dry.
Cake recipe - List of ingredients:
- 75 g ground almonds or almond flour
- 1 orange
- 300 g grated carrot
- 3 eggs
- 150 g butter or margarine
- 200 g sugar
- 175 g self rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cake herbals
- Optional - pieces of dried apricot
- Preheat the oven to 165° c.
- Grate the orange peel. Clean the carrots and grate finely.
- Separate the eggs.
- Cover the bottom of the cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides in.
- In a bowl of butter, sugar, orange zest and cake herbs. Beat for 5 minutes to a creamy mixture. Beat the yolks one by one and then 2 tablespoons orange juice. Spoon the self-raising flour and the baking powder in parts.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Scoop the ground almonds and grated carrot through it. Scoop out the contents of the two bowls airy together and fill the cake pan with the batter.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Covering the carrot-shaped cake:
- Take the cooled cake and cut the cake into slices 1.5 cm high.
- Cut 10 - 8 cm circles, 2 – 7 cm, 2 – 6 cm, 2 – 5 cm and 4 – 2.5 cm circles.
- Stack on all 10 of the 8 cm circles and cover with butter cream.
- For the top of the carrot root - use the 7, 6 and 5 cm circles. Make this a separate pile. Form the tip of the root with the remaining circles.
- Cut just after the point a 'cup' in the cake, for the rabbit to sit and insert a skewer through the entire stack.
- Cover everything smooth with buttercream and let stiffen for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Cover the carrot from top to bottom with orange sugar paste. Make sure the seam (under the car) as smooth as possible.
- Put the root on the cake drum and pull out the skewer. Please note, that there is sufficient space behind the carrot to the leaves.
- Create the smooth point and use the veiner tool to add transverse grooves.
- Paint the grooves brown with a mixture of powder and alcohol. Tip: If you don't have brown gloss powder at home, you can also use cocoa powder.
- Line the donuts with black sugar paste by making two circles.
- Cut 4 strips 1 cm wide each to print a spiral pattern on it with an impression mat.
- Paste the black strips to the outside of the wheels and attach them with the seam on the drum against the car.
- Use the smooth daisy marguerite plunger cutter set to make 4 white daisies - flatten a yellow ball of fondant for the daisy center.
- Create and form the trunk of the bunny with brown fondant and place in the 'cockpit' of the car.
- Form an orange pillow (to go behind the driving bunny) and make a decorative edge to the pillow with the flute tool. Shape a black handlebar and place diagonally on the edge. Form with brown fondant, two arms and paste this to the trunk of the bunny and on the steering wheel.
- Create a strip with blue fondant and split into 2 equal parts. Fringe the ends to resemble a scarf.
- Form a ball and make the head of the bunny. Carve out the mouth.
- Place the head and scarf on the trunk. Make 2 brown ears with an inner lining of pink - stick both to the bunny head. Make the eyes out of white and black - attach to the bunny.
- Add the carrot leaves in the back of the carrot and place carrot car on the cake drum.
- Happy Easter!