Be sure to refer to the exclusive Satin Ice Valentine Color Mix Collection to help you mix your fondant to create the perfect shades of pink or even red. . .
To make the Ombre Hearts:
- Staring with a ping-pong ball sized piece of white fondant - color it to the darkest shade of pink that you'd like to use.
- Roll out fondant to about 1/4" - 1/8" thick and cut out about 22-25 mini hearts.
- Gather scrap fondant, and add white to make the lightest color of pink - once rolled out proceed to cut out 22-25 mini hearts.
- Using a bit of water, gum glue or sticking straight on the cake - carefully align hearts vertically in an ombre effect.
- Note: The key to this design is to keep it clean and straight.
- Tip: Try lining up points and dips of the hearts to create the vertical lines.