To Make The Cake
- Cut a candy corn triangle on a piece of paper (make sure it is not bigger than your 3 cakes) and use as a template to shape your cake.
- First trim the raised tops of your cake - then use your triangle shape to cut the cake.
- Once all three layers are cut - begin to cover the layers with buttercream and then stack. Proceed to cover the entire cake with buttercream on top of a cake board.
- Start with white fondant and drape it over the front of the cake about a third of the way up. Trim the excess fondant from the base of the cake.
- Next roll out the orange fondant and then lay over the middle section of the cake lining it up against the white fondant. Use your smoother to push together any gaps - trim the excess.
- Repeat with yellow and smooth over the entire cake - neatly trim the base.
- Happy Halloween!
To see more tutorials by Kara - go to her blog at Butter Hearts Sugar.