Let's Get Started:
- Dust the knitted border mold with a little cornstarch and tap away the excess.
- Knead a ball of colored gum paste to condition it and roll into a sausage shape. Lay the gum paste into the mold and press into the mold fully.
- Roll over the top of the mold with a small rolling pin to remove excess gum paste.
- Turn out the mold and lay flat.
- Beginning at one end, slowly coil the knitted border mold to create a flower.
- Roll back the edges of the flower as you go.
- Use a sharp knife to trim away the excess gum paste from the back of the flower.
Miniature Knitted Rose Flower Using Classic Knit Mold