To make the stripes & dots:
- Bake, stack and cover with Satin Ice fondant 4 square cakes.
- Roll out black fondant and cut out bands in various widths using a ruler as a straight edge and a pizza cutter/exacto knife.
- Start with the top tier and apply the fondant strips to the cake using a protractor to keep your edges straight and clean. Apply the strips with water and paintbrush.
- On the third tier - apply horizontal stripes. You can measure them out by using various width ribbons. Roll out a thin layer of white fondant and cut strips in various widths - use the ribbon for guidance.
- Once the strips are complete, cut out varying size dots using round piping tips. Arrange your design on a mat with a ruler to get the spacing correct.
- Brush the dots with water and apply the design to the cake. Do this to all four sides of the cake.
- For the bottom tier - make a template (as seen above) by folding a piece of paper and using a round cutter. Once done cutting the template, unfold on mat and arrange dots on the template to figure out the spacing.
- Take your template and pin to the bottom tier of the cake. Using a paintbrush apply water to the back of each dot and apply above the template. Repeat this step on the other sides of the cake.
To create the anemone flower:
- Roll out the pink/red fondant - cut out 10 petals with cutter.
- Insert wire into petal and thin out edges with ball tool. Next press petal into mold and let the pressed petal dry on a crinkled piece of paper towel.
- Mall a ball of black fondant and insert a hook wire and shape with fingers. Tie the stamens with floral tap and next add the dried petals to the stamen one at a time securing with floral tape.
- Dust the center of the flower with green and the edges of the flower with light and dark pink/red to give it contrast.
- To complete - insert the finished flower off-center on the top of the cake.